Saturday, February 7, 2009

Temporarily Third Eye Blind

I can’t remember when I first consciously started working with energy healing. I must have been a young child because I remember getting “the third eye” when I was about seven years old from a cousin of the same age, upon her return from the Philippines. “The third eye.” That’s exactly as she called it. My sister and I lined up to get this thing, though it is funny to recall that neither of us questioned what we were lining up for.

She gave it to us, all right. I barely remember the brief ritual that took place in her Cerritos house, with the bright red carpet. The place creeped me out sometimes; I thought the fires of hell were accessible through circular pockets in the textured loops. But whatever she did, which she learned from a channeler in the P.I., seemed to work. We all began to see auras…but not the exciting, colorful kind that I read about in books or hear others sometimes speak of. They were just bright, golden-white fields around people. I remember her saying that the bigger the aura, the “better” the person was. Remember, we were only seven or eight years old.

Anyway, shortly afterwards is when I think we began to lay hands on each other. I don’t have any vivid memories of it…only snippets in my mind’s eye. But I do remember laying hands on myself and feeling that the “Santo Nino” was blessing me through my hands.

By the time I think I was ten, I grew weary of the auras. It annoyed me that a lot of the “bad kids” had such HUGE auras. That doesn’t make any sense! I would think to myself. I distinctly remember wishing the eye away, one morning while on the playground. I remember feeling that it had been a long time that my sister and cousin and I had even spoken of it or the auras we could see…or laid hands on each other, or anything of the sort. What was the point, anyway? And it was such a bother….

So, now I am an acupuncturist…a massage therapist for over eleven years…and Master Rahbin actually gifted me with my Reiki attunements. I have manipulating energy through my hands and through needles and through thin air – and sometimes time and space…though not as often – and what I wouldn’t give to get that “third eye” back, to see through it as clearly as I had as a child.

And now I ask my Angels to gift it back to me…that I may better serve and facilitate the healing of others through that lens, clearer than my present eyes. Assuming that "getting it back" would make any remarkable difference...which, on second thought, could just be a story.

By the way, this wasn't the entry I had in mind to key-in, but it rolled off the keyboard so I went with it. And to the Master herself: Thank you for opening this space.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Abby. Fabulous!!! You are as gifted with expression as you are with energy healing.

    ReplyDelete